redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of all the snake oil in a a bottle stuff....I think this will be the only snake oil I will try. lol. I think Mr. saltwater tv gave it a try and it worked.

Out of all the snake oil in a a bottle stuff....I think this will be the only snake oil I will try. lol. I think Mr. saltwater tv gave it a try and it worked.

That is where I first saw the product! :-D

I just ordered some. It seems to have been liked by many, so I figure I will try it. It ended up being pretty expensive though after shipping. :( I chose the special climate shipping because I don't want to run the risk of it freezing. I will report back how it goes!

The special climate shipping added an extra $9.99 to the order. :( In total I think it came to a little of forty dollars with the ammonia. Shipping was probably seventeen or eighteen dollars of it.

Even though ten dollars is a lot, I did not want to run the risk of it freezing! :)

The tank is beginning to be filled with RODI water! I have the machine all up in running, and have added some water to the tank. I will add a little bit more tonight and finish up tomorrow. Additionally, tomorrow I plan to try and get everything running with salt, and as much of the filter as I can. :)

Thanks a lot for following, I honestly appreciate it! :-D

Nice. Keep us all posted. :) Moving right along you are!

I will definitely keep everybody posted!

I am still filling up the tank currently; I have been going since I got home before 3:00! :)

The tank part is about halfway, and there is a little bit of water in the back too. Carey, you said that the back needs to be filled up basically all the way, right? Also, I tried putting in my InTank filter tonight, but I keep messing up where to put it I think! LOL, it just doesn't seem right wherever I try it. Maybe they accidentally gave me an Oceanic version instead of Coralife? I am not sure. It fits, it just seems really tall........to the point where water would almost be out of the tank if I filled it to the top. :ermm:

I also have all of my rock and sand in! :-D

Lastly, believe it or not, my Dr. Tim's One and Only already came today! I just ordered Wednesday night! :eek: Wow!

I am going to take a picture then will be back! :dance:

Well, it was never really connected......probably a change they made in the coralife one. :) it does go in the middle compartment, right? I am going to check again and make sure I didn't forget something.

I am sure I just keep putting it in wrong, lol! :)

Here is a picture of the tank! :-D

Attachments

• image-4035436576.jpg
    image-4035436576.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 183
Can you get a picture of how the media basket sits at the top? Like to show how tall it is sitting in there. Mine sits pretty flush with the inside frame.
I can snap a picture if you like.

I'll go take a picture now. :)

The other think i didn't think about when setting up the tank is the salt. Normally with a new tank I just add the salt to the tank after the water is in, but since this one is smaller and already has rock and sand, I am not sure that will work well. Maybe I should make a really high concentration salt solution?

The first photo is the the way I put it in. The second is a picture of it in......maybe I have it positioned incorrectly.....not quite sure where the water will enter. :)

Attachments

• image-744273393.jpg
    image-744273393.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3517269863.jpg
    image-3517269863.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 147
That looks incredibly tall! I dont think its you either, lol, that def looks too tall. You have it seated all the way to the bottom right? And they should have given you a little duhickie that clips the basket to the rim of the far right compartment. I will take a shot of mine so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here are some quick shots of my setup. Dont mind the mess, lol, I just emptied the cube and in the process of putting it all back together. But you can see how it sits flush in mine. If you cant get it any lower in the compartment I would send an email over to intank and verify that you got the right basket. I dont think the dimensions of the old biocube and new ones changed so it should look like mine does.

I have a oceanic bio cube 29 gal and this thread has me wanting to do some digging to see if I have a tray like that...I don't remember seeing any insert like that

So far, there is really nothing to report on as far as the tank goes. Currently I only have a Koralia and heater running while the tank is cycling. Once the tank is cycling, I will setup the filtration. :)

Back
Top Bottom