Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Reef safe fish

For all you reef enthusiasts out there what are some of the fish you have or want to have in your tank? Im trying to get a good idea of what I want and im sure you all have or want some of the same fish that are on my list. It would just be nice to see the different opinions on fish.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What size tank are we talking about?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

120 gallon.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 120 also. Blue chromis, yellow tang, firefish, two clowns, starry blenny.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nice nice. Already have some of those lol
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
I would love a designer clownfish. Tangs are always nice, I just got a powder brown and he is gorgeous. Wrasses are also nice additions, especially love the flashers. My unicorn however would be seahorses, I have a 29g sitting in the garage that I want to convert. I always thought an octopus would be neat too but they would probably cause me more hair loss than my kids.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like firefish. They come in colors specific to what you have to spend. The crown jewels being Helfrichi Firefish...gorgeous. Purples and Common red are very cool as well. Great for a reef and 5 would be ideal in your reef tank. I just got into them. Never had 'em after 25 years in the hobby. I bought 3 and they have become my new favorites.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a pair of snowflake clowns, a diamond sand-sifting goby, and a yellow-eye tang.
TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
I have a pair of snowflake clowns, a diamond sand-sifting goby, and a yellow-eye tang.
Snowflake clowns are sweet, I have a desire to get Picasso though. I too have a diamond goby and in my opinion everyone should have one. They do an awesome job on the sand, look nice and are always out and about working. Tangs are also nice, I had a foxface before which I liked and they are more hardy than tangs but they are so skitish and when they swim its always hard and fast. Tangs just leisurely cruise. Another cool addition is an engineer goby, always liked eels and wanted one but didnt want it to eat everything. Engineer goby looks just like an eel, generally considered reef safe (may eat small crustaceans) just make sure your rock is right on the bottom of the tank. My engineer actually dens up with my diamond goby and since I got my new diamond goby my engineer is much more social.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wow great responses. I actually have currently in my tank 2 pajama cardinals, a maroon clown, a firefish and 2 blue green reef chromis. More fish on the way =] but an octopus would be kind of nuts and very stressful as they are a lot smarter than you lol. And the firefish are awesome. But ive seen purples go from $50-$70 which I think is ridiculous. I have a red right now and I happily paid $18 for him haha. Snowflake clowns are sweet too especially if you have a mated pair. Keep more feedback comin!

Tags
reef, reef safe fish, safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com