Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dang talk about bad luck. Sorry about that! Tough situation. Because you be without a sump for like a week with repairs .

Looks like less than .100". I estimate it's around less than 1/8". We're going to use 1/4" for the new design.

Ya I built mine with 1/4 was lots for the sump! But does flex a bit, I had to reinforce my display tank to hold its shape!

Ya I built mine with 1/4 was lots for the sump! But does flex a bit, I had to reinforce my display tank to hold its shape!

Are you saying 1/4" is overkill for a sump? If so, that's good. I'd rather overdo it a bit. I'm just not certain because you go from talking about your sump to your display.

Sorry no it's not overkill! But will be plenty of strength! Sorry for the confusion

Same design as mine, works great, only difference is my Fuge is 6 foot long.

The drain and skimmer are in the right, the return is on the left.

Not doing a DSB. Just miracle mud

What are your guys thoughts on the macro algae like culerpa and whatever the red one is? I'll be adding chaeto but would like to add a diversity for the visual appeal. I do plan to keep the lights on 24/7 to avoid it going asexual. Or is there still a risk?

I have never had a problem running my lights 12 on and 12 off and have always kept assorted macros. I think it's like plane crashes- you only hear about the ones that crashed, not the thousands that landed safely.

There's no need to go all the way to the top with those partitions. The water level will never be that high (hopefully!).

Back
Top Bottom