Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Where's is he from? Might I ask?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cough..umm...Petco. At my local store, usually almost all of their fish, except maybe some of the clowns, have ich. But I still always look, when I'm there for dog food. This one looks good, maybe he's a tough guy?
When I was there last, there was a Harlequin Tusk taking his last breath, and a Foxface Lo stuck to the drain slits, all black. I opened up the sliding door and nudged the fox off of the drains, and he just floated in the water column. I imagine he was dead within the hour. :-(

Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

As much as I know you want this fish don't do it..I know it's painful but petco takes terrible care of all of their fish, I know you want it but it's not worth it....sorry mate, their fish are almost always bad and I got a bi-color angel from there a few months ago healthy as could be right? WRONG he died a week after because of lip inflammation...
Old 09-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwater reef
As much as I know you want this fish don't do it..I know it's painful but petco takes terrible care of all of their fish, I know you want it but it's not worth it....sorry mate, their fish are almost always bad and I got a bi-color angel from there a few months ago healthy as could be right? WRONG he died a week after because of lip inflammation...
All petcos arent bad. Many of them run their stores differently and some are actually really nice. JMHO
Old 09-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I hear you... I have stayed away from their fish for years, after a few bad apples, but I still go directly to the salt section when I'm at the store. I can't help it!! I haven't bought anything LIVE from there in ages, but I always have to look and consider it, and decide not too. It's pretty funny really! .
There should be little stickers on everyone's first tanks stating...Warning, this hobby will be completely addicting!!
I think your right, and I will just try to forget about the Angel...
Old 09-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ever tried online? I have ordered a bunch of stiff from some sites including my humu humu trigger purple tang and a few blue hippo tangs?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, not for livestock. I've got a few good LFS around here, the Rock Beauty just caught my eye last time I was at Petco.
Thanks for the input salt, happy reefing!

Tags
angel, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com