Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want to grow anything faster you should feed it...but this is something that most of us hobbyists get in trouble! We drown our tanks with liquid foods for coral or daily feedings for larger LPS or anemone and our systems can't handle it or our husbandry habits can't keep up. This includes even myself as I have made some bone headed moves that only increased the algae issue I've been battling.

Agreed! If you are going to do frequent target feedings then yes, you definitely have to be careful with both the accuracy of feedings and also a strict regimen of water change and cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Two more today, this is them acclimating. One pink and a baby red with a purple mouth, so pretty!! Excited to see the growth rate on the small one. Done for now on stocking although VIP REEFS has some new RFAs posted which are very tempting.

wow that s a neat way to scape the bottom looks awesome

Thanks! I'm kind of upset that this is an under counter tank. Now that I have the RFAs in there I want to be able to see them more. I think a move/upgrade is coming soon.

Two more today, this is them acclimating. One pink and a baby red with a purple mouth, so pretty!! Excited to see the growth rate on the small one. Done for now on stocking although VIP REEFS has some new RFAs posted which are very tempting.

Wow, really nice ones!!!

under the counter say it's not true that tanks looking to good to hide it. I know on the center of the kitchen table :D I want to move my predator tank up from under my 90g and put everything in my 40 B

under the counter say it's not true that tanks looking to good to hide it. I know on the center of the kitchen table :D I want to move my predator tank up from under my 90g and put everything in my 40 B

I know! The tank set up itself isn't that pretty though. I will be looking for good deals to upgrade this tank, love me some rock flowers and I really hate hiding them.

No need to feed the photosynthetic anemones. The strong lighting is all they need.
Agreed, should be fine without target feeding. I'm feeding more because i want them to spawn. For fun though you could throw it a shrimp 1-2x a month, cool to watch and it would love you for it.

Nice new additions! I really like that pink one! :)

Thanks!! I like the pink one too, I actually saw it there over a week ago when I went in for water but I wasn't ready to buy any nems then since I was just back from vacation and wanted to do water changes and test params before putting nems in. I was surprised and delighted that it was still there this weekend :)

My newest addition to the flower tank...love love love this one. Still not fully open like it was in the store but getting there!

My newest addition to the flower tank...love love love this one. Still not fully open like it was in the store but getting there!

That's a beauty, nice score

Think you convinced me to go with a rock nem garden in my predator tank , as my main tank has too much flow they'll just blow away , thinking about sticking my green long tentacle nem and pink tip condy in there also as I really want to avoid coral and be different

Think you convinced me to go with a rock nem garden in my predator tank , as my main tank has too much flow they'll just blow away , thinking about sticking my green long tentacle nem and pink tip condy in there also as I really want to avoid coral and be different

Do it! You won't regret it. I love mine. I wish I could post a picture of them under just the blue led night lights, their colors pop so much but the camera can't capture it :(

you need to get paul to hook you up with pixlar I love it just can't find the stupid link lol otherwise I'd pass it along
make those drab picts look like gems , I think if I cover this scape with nothing but nems it would look insane , wonder if I could find a place to get them in bulk and a lot cheaper

That's a beaut Sand Dollar.

Seaweed - get them!!! They are amazing, since they aren't gonna give me Palytoxin poisoning I enjoy them even more!!!

When I get my tank moving around situations settled I plan to start hunting them again. I did pop into a lfs the other day looking for some but not in stock. I can afford an occasional $10 for one but not the 30-40 right now so it will likely be just happenstance if I get one for awhile...

I did see an offering for a batch of 10 for about $100 on ebay or aquabid or somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom