Rose pink bta has split !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pritchard

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bubble tip anemone has split into 2 separate anemones ! Both look really well ! Is this a good or bad thing ? Help please !

Many people take this two ways. It can be that yea or has "spawned" and split because he is happy or it could be because he's not happy at all and it's trying to save himself by sacrificing a. Good half.

Keep a close eye on them. Feed them normally.

Do they look bleached at all?

IMO, nems dont split when they are happy, it takes a lot of energy for them to split. they more often split due to a condition they they are not happy with of even something like a lighting change.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389712423.439415.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389712450.845936.jpgnot bleached at all ! The smaller one is at the back !

looks good, it may have split due to war fare with the zooths, nems really need to be isolated and sometimes its hard, the zooth on the bottom look like they have already been stung. I would be running carbon.

It's been living in those zoas for about 3 months ! I recently moved it to save my other zoas etc around it ! I also fragged the ones hes living amongst in order of saving them ! Maybe the move has stressed it into splitting ! It split about 2 weeks after the move ! thanks for the advice !

I forget to mention that I switched salt about 3 months ago from tropic-Marin pro reef to brightwell aquatics neo-marine ! But I'd put it more down to moving the nem as this coincides with the split !

My rose bta split several times during which time I had changed the salt that I had used previously. Bug they were all healthy splits and big oned too.
One thing nice about them splitting you can sell them and make extra $$$.

I'm reading conflicting advice all over the net ! I think mine are ok because my system is thriving !
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389725717.383486.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389725754.312929.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389725787.878942.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389725823.574397.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389725845.049300.jpg

Rose pink bta has split!

Mine are very much thieving also only thing is mine do not bubble up. But they try to when I have only the blue lights on.

Attachments

• RBTA - 12-15-13.jpg
    RBTA - 12-15-13.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 125
Mine tend to close up when just the blues are on ! Bubble tips are more bold during the daylight hours ? Funny little things anemones ! Lol

My clowns won't host my nem at all wont even look at it lol ! But they lay their eggs on the glass about 2 inches above it !

My tank has crashed several times in the past.... My RBTA seem to be invincible and impossible to kill... They've split, and split, and split, and split.... Now tanks full of em, all big and healthy

I can't give professional advice considering mine just nuked my tank yesterday and I am still salvaging what's left but your BTA looks great and you have an awesome looking tank! I personally will never go back to Nems given my level of experience but admire those kept in LFS condition.

Back
Top Bottom