?s on getting coraline to grow faster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your calcium levels are low, then coralline growth will be stunted. But, you must test calcium first to know if they are low, and/or not balanced with alkalinity level.

lighting was a factor for me. I first set up my tank with NO flourecents and my rock was very dull. As soon as I upgraded to an even mix of daylight and actinic PC flourecents my rock exploded with life.

Also, once you've managed to get a few patches growing healthy, I've heard some offer tips of pointing a PH towards the patch and scraping the coraline with a knife/razor to facilitate the spread of the coraline to other rocks.

Good lights, balanced cal/alk, and some patience. Coraline may look like it's not doing much for a while, but when it starts growing, it's almost a nusiance. I'm continually having to scrape it off the glass on my tanks. If you scrape some off with the intention of spreading the spores, turn your skimmer off for a while. Skimmers are very efficient at removing the spores.

my coraline seems to have its good and bad weeks. right now I am having a bad week.
Large areas of Coraline are bleaching on a couple of my rocks. I usually notice considerble grow back after a couple of days... But my Algea has yet to take off.

We will see after I upgrade my lighting.

Back
Top Bottom