Saltwater Fish - Easy Breeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is mostly out of curiousity, but are there any "easy" saltwater fish for breeding? No, its not to make money off of them. I just always enjoyed raising guppies in my freshwater tanks, well that was quite a few years ago. I wouldn't mind attempting the same thing with a saltwater fish. :)

I have wondered this too... but to trade in for credit at the fish store lol. I have heard of clowns being bred a lot

I heard clowns mate a lot but rarely do the eggs make it to fryhood. At least that's my understanding. That's be great if they were easy breeders though :p

I don't want to say there are easy saltwater fish to breed but there are a few that are easier. Clownfish and Cardinals off the top of my head are two that are breed pretty often. You will need to hatch baby brine and possibly keep a culture of rotifiers to feed the newly hatched fish. I have heard you don't need to keep cultures of phyto going now that they have a phyto paste you can buy. There is a pretty well defined process out there to breed them but it is a LOT of work.

Back
Top Bottom