Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zbatey

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just added eighty pounds of sand to my tank and the bag said no rinsing and the water has been cloudy for four days and whenever I touch my sanded there is an explotion of dust and it clouds the water for about two ours does anyone have any suggestions to what I should do

Stop the skimmer till settles down..and always rinse your sand..good luck with that gonna be cloudy for a long time and anytime anything disrupts it..it will be very cloudy again..

if you dont have fish or anything in it just drian and fill, stir and drain two or three more time.
\

You could also attach some type of filter, either a canister filter or a HOB filter to polish the water. A canister filter with filter floss will have it cleared up in a day or two.

I did the same thing today... I used wet live sand, added it to the tank, and it was instantly cloudy. Im just setting up a 10gal quarantine tank, but I need to house a Tomato clown that came with a 90gal I just purchased. Im running an over the tank filter.. how long until I can "let the fish outa the bag?"

Back
Top Bottom