sandbed help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr.sneakysnacky said:
I opened it from the bag....from a LFS. Would that be considered dry sand?

Live sand when you open it still has a bit of water and the sand is mois to keep the bacteria alivet..... While the dry sand is just that dry....
Aragonite is just a type of sand.....

joy13 said:
If you plan on having a shrimp goby or jawfish you will need a deeper sand bed somewhere between 3 and 5 inches. Some wrasses will sleep under the sand as well or hid like the yellow coris.

Do sixlines do that?

ohh ok then it was dry sand for sure!!

So if I have dry sand.... I am not suppose to be rinsing right?

If youre starting with dry sand ypu should rinse it before using it. IF it says LIVE SAND on the bag then don't rinse. Do you have a picture of the bagged sand? That would help for sure

What are sixlines?

Carey! its so weird that you replied to one of my threads cause i was looking at other threads and saw you many times haha, but sorry I dont have the bag anymore :( I threw it away. I mean I rinsed it once. so hope that will be good enough?

If it was one of those bags then I would for sure rinse it very well. :) It will cut back on the days of cloudiness you will have. :)

Thanks!! too bad I only rinsed it once... haha Carey you are just to awesome! you're like an encyclopedia! haha. I mean I am cycling my tank right now and so far I have a AC 110 for my 29G tank and sand. I waiting on getting 30 pound of LR

Back
Top Bottom