Sapo Puffer Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,
I just got a beautiful Sapo Puffer fish as a gift from a friend of mine. It is truly a joy to watch. I was just trying to do a little digging and find out some more about these fish and am having trouble finding info on them (as usual). I am curious to see if they will ever turn to the gold color while in captivity (assuming it is the same puffer, which I am fairly sure it is). Also just some general info about size scientific name and so on. Anyone got any ideas. I have even looked at the fish selling sites I normally look at (www.liveaquaira.com, saltwaterfish.com ect) and can not even find one like mine for sale, unless gold already.

Only think I know for sure is that it has a voracious appetite for live rock, and has probable eaten about 50.00 bucks worth of Bali down to the stub. I am assuming she did not have an oppurtunity to file her beak at the LFS.

TIA for all help
Kevin

Forgot to mention that I also want to do a little research about the way it looks. Mine almost seems to have a beer belly. If I did not know better I would swear that it was pregnant. Definently has a little sag in the gut, but hey who doesn't as they get older :mrgreen:

I wish I could give you a link to look at one.....only I cant find one.

I will try to post a pic, I just never have figured out how to resize them for the boards.

If i read that link correctly, they start out yellow as juveniles and turn the spotted color as they get older. Is your yellow now or is it already spotted? Either way, that's a great looking puffer. Enjoy!

Huh....that is intesting I think you are correct in the way you read that. I think that is reverse of what everyone else had told me. I thought they started life as the spotted and then became yellow with age. Perhaps there is an expert that will be able to answer the question for me.

Mine is the spotted version. I will take some pictures tonight and try and figure out how to load them.

Back
Top Bottom