How Many Dwarf Puffers and Otos in a 25G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abw0004

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,

I was able to safely rehome my Endlers in my main aquarium so now it is empty of fish and ready for the Dwarf Pea Puffers. The aquarium is 25 gallons. How many Dwarf Pea Puffers should I buy? I know they like to shoal so I am trying to get the numbers just right. I would also like to get Otos as well and they also like to be in groups. Any help would be appreciated! Below is a picture of the aquarium.

Also, any recommendations on good places to buy these fish? Thank you!

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 14
10 puffers and 6 Otos, but the tank looks a bit clean for Otocinclus catfish who need driftwood, algae and biofilm.

I do have driftwood in there currently and was planning to feed them algae wafers every other day since there isn't much algae. Would that be enough?

Most Otocinclus catfish won't touch man made foods like wafers and sinking pellets. Some try them but most won't touch them. You can increase the lighting times by an hour a day and see if it encourages some algae. If it does that would probably be sufficient, but you might have to increase it several hours depending on how the algae grows. Alternatively put some smooth rocks in a bucket of water outside in the sun. Let algae grow on the rocks and then bring the rocks inside and put them in the tank. The fish can graze on the rocks and you simply swap them over when most of the algae is gone.

Back
Top Bottom