Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
hehehe...Did I misunderstand his question?

Nope...You answered his question. I'm not sure what kind of anemone that is in the link provided but it is an anemone as is a BTA.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Yikes...I think I'll sit on the sidelines here and just keep up with the thread.
Same here. You'd think, being an educator, that emphasis would be of great importance in promoting quality of life while demonstrating the nitrogen cycle. There is enough death as is let alone in advocating it.

Perhaps you can improve upon the methodology, as others have stated, and focus or at least extend the project towards physical and behavioral differences in the livestock as the nitrogen cycle affects them...could even spill into a conservation awareness project later on. Just throwing out some ideas

Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll do his science report for an RO/DI unit!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to HoCkEyGmC
yeah i kinda knew a bta was an anemone too. anywho, i have her class tomoro so ill print out the fishless cycling thing as im doin my homework. ugh. and i have to leave for hockey in 15 mins whch will last a few hours so chances are i wont be abel to make my weekly trip to the lfs today. maybe tomoro =[.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Same here. You'd think, being an educator, that emphasis would be of great importance in promoting quality of life while demonstrating the nitrogen cycle. There is enough death as is let alone in advocating it. ...
Agree with ya, but in her defense... there are still tons of fish stores out there that promote cycling a tank with fish. In fact, there are some that say using a fishless cycle, or using fish food, will "poison" your tank. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps one of these LFS is her source of info, or she has a lesson plan that's a bit outdated.

Shoot... "reference" books can even get things wrong. I was just looking over an encylopedia of sorts of my daughter's the other night. It was talking about anemones and how they can divide. To prove its point, it showed a colony of Goniopora!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post
Shoot... "reference" books can even get things wrong. I was just looking over an encylopedia of sorts of my daughter's the other night. It was talking about anemones and how they can divide. To prove its point, it showed a colony of Goniopora!
^lol^
i think it was one of those things where she read a list and thought that she could just go and throw everything in. ive been to the store she went to and when they dont even ask about your tank at all, he was wonderin if i wanted a CUC when i was a few days into the cycle.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

took some notes on the tank today while i was in the class.
the skunk cleaner shrimp is a gonner. supposably, one of the anemones killed and ate it(cant really see that). the anemones by the way, are not lookin that great, major color loss and they look much smaller and just bad now. the fish seem to be ok but who knows. i think she mail ordered them cuz they arent that good looking, very pale orange instead of vibrant. she says that the tank is a 28 gal but it looks like much less, i guess-measured it and did some math and i came up with around 15 gallons.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

By any chance.....did she at least acclimate everything?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

doubt it but not sure, probly just floated everything then put them and their water in the tank.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCkEyGmC View Post
doubt it but not sure, probly just floated everything then put them and their water in the tank.
:censor:

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com