Sea hair Should I get one for my reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Considering they can release toxic dye if startled you might want to worry more about other things thank the power heads in the tank. I know someone that has one in their tank but I wouldn't consider one for my tank.

Well the lights are on a timer and I have the blue ones first, dripped for 3 hours then let float for about 1 hour in my sump and released in tank with lights off, sump light was off too. And when the lights come on they are dim at first then brighten slowly. I don't think my clowns, lawnmower blenny, or scooter blenny will startle it too much, and got plenty of algae, and seaweed strips for them.

... if your power heads could chop it up then ya I would worry about it.

Well it's an old one with the small cone guard thing on it.. and the sea hair is 3-4 inches long and about 2 wide, What do you think? and I just got told that they need something better then seaweed strips when they run out of algae to eat, But they never told me what... Is this true or just bull crap?

"If regular feedings of Caulerpa are not possible, it will need a supplemented diet of parboiled lettuce and dried kelp."

Different sites say different things about it but I know that most sea slugs only eat one kind of thing... it's how the ocean stays balanced. When one thing takes off then the sea slug that prays on it takes off, once the food is gone they die off. Generally they stay at a pretty good balance but if it does go haywire for a few months it is quickly fixed.

Back
Top Bottom