Sebae Clown and Rock Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awillemd1

Aquarium Advice Activist
About two weeks ago I purchased a Sebae Clown along with a Rock Anemone that was hosting him at the lfs. Unfortunately, when I brought them home the Clown went to the corner of my tank where the overflow is and just hangs out there all the time. The anemone seems to have settled into a location and is doing great. Is this typical? Is there anything I can do to 'enourage' the clown to return to the anemone?

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

awillemd1

Is there anything I can do to 'enourage' the clown to return to the anemone?
Not much I'm aware of. I've heard of people attaching pics of clowns on the outside of the tank near the anemone. Supposedly this could entice the clown to defend and/or host the anemone once again. Although the clown may very well settle back into the anemone after a little time acclimating itself to the new tank. You never know w/ symbiotic relationships...Best of luck.

weird

i would have thought that the clownfish would have hosted it in your tank as it did in the other tank.

I have been out of town a lot lately, but I see now what is happening. My purple pseudochromis has pinned him into the corner of the tank. Everytime he tries to move about he gets chased back into the corner. I had purchased a firefish along with him to help distract the territorial fish in my tank, but the firefish jumped out. Purhaps the best thing at this point would be to add a couple more fish.

awillemd1

Back
Top Bottom