Shrimp Molted - What to do with the molting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,

I have 2 shrimp. A Fire shrimp, and A Camel Shrimp.

Both are in my 29 gal tank by them selves while my Copper Banded Butterfly is in QT being treated for Parasites.

Anyway, I have had the light off a lot since there is no fish in the tank and the shrimp seem to like the dark better (They come out of their hiding places)

Anyway today I saw 2 molting's floating around the tank. I didn't know they would both molt at the exact same time!?

Should I remove the molting from the tank, or will it break down and be something good for the tank?

Thanks for the help.

-TheChad

just to throw my 2 cents in did u check your water the shrimp are in i heard they will molt if water conditions are not to there liking otherwise they are just growing.I have 2 fire shrimp the only time they molted at the same time my nitrites were a lttle high.Once they molt the hermits fight over there moltings

They are good with garlic and butter over medium heat.. No I am kidding.. The larger ones get pulled out and the smaller ones I let the clean up crew eat..

Back
Top Bottom