sixline a carnivore???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unda_da_sea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I bought a Sixline Wrasse a few months ago and has become one of the most interesting fish I ever owned. It's eyes are truly mesmerizing and is constantntly hunting the rock work. Anyway, shortly after its arrival I put in some Emerald Entr'ee and it has since been gulping it down faster than meaty fare. Every website i see says this fish is a carnivore? Do I have a silly fish? It's certainly not underfed. One night i saw it with a huge amphipod in its mouth tearing it aprat like JAWS.... pretty cool.

Emerald entree has meat in it also. At least it did when I use to use it. But yes they are carnivores and some folks refer them to people that have bristle worms or other worm problems.

Many fish that prefer meaty diets will also consume some greenery if offered.

Wrasses in general will eat almost anything. The Latin name of the wrasse family (Labridae) means "greedy". I have a sixline as well and he eats anything and everything he can get in his mouth, he'll often stuff 3 or 4 pellets in there at once as he doesn't want to "lose" them as they sink!

Back
Top Bottom