Skunk Cleaner Missing :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I went to the lake over the weekend and came back and noticed my skunk cleaner is missing. Did a water test and all parameters are fine. Ammonia 0, PH 8.2, no3=0, no<5.

I was hoping he was hiding in a rock and molting but even when i fed he did not come out.

Im kind of bummed, he was my favorite critter in the tank. I feed everyother day and he was less than a year old. I cant imagine why he would have died.

Temp or SG change? Do not give up hope yet, it could just be hiding.

well temp is normal right now but i have no idea what kind of swings it could have went through during the weekend. Every other creature/coral in the tank are fine.

Like Lando said dont give up hope. If he just got done molting , he is not coming out for any reason.

well im hoping that he molted while i was gone. Usually no matter where he goes i can see his long tentecal things.

I had 2 in my 75g. One is still with me just about 2 years and the other disappeared, assumed dead, about 4 - 6 months ago. I read somewhere once they only live about 2 years give or take in a tank. Just a thought.

Peace.

I thought mine was dead for about two weeks until finally one day he was just chillin underneath his normal rock. He molted and then just dissappeared. Hes only done that once to me though and it was when I first got him. Just keep your eye out and hopefully he'll come back out. HTH

Im assuming he MIA. Havent seen him since I got back and there really isnt to many places for him to hide that I cannot see. Sucks cause he was my favorite creature in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom