snail eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have quite a few clear balls on the walls of my tank that look like they have eggs inside. I have no fish but have plenty of snails. I thought snails laid their eggs in a chain like formation. I blow them off the glass and in a couple of days their back again. My wife has better eye sight and she too agrees the bigger sphere has little spheres inside. The outer sphere is about the size of the head of a pin.

Sounds like snail eggs to me. If I had to guess, I'd think nassarius snail eggs...

Nassarius eggs would be my guess as well from the description. I have a 20g reef that is full of baby nassarius snails. The eggs will disappear and you'll think nothing came of them. Then, in a few weeks, you'll see tiny little nassarius snails on the glass...not even as large as a pinhead.

Just FYI, my original 10 nassarius snails ahve become 70+. I quit counting around there. Most are only seen around lights out or just after.

Thanks much. I saw some baby nassarious snails about 2 months ago too, but never saw any eggs prior to seeing the babies. I have 5 adult Nassarious in there now, sounds like soon to have more. Thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom