star polups not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean57

Aquarium Advice Regular
The first piece of coral I put in my tank was a green star polup that had a yellow dot in the middle. Did well til one day I noticed not opening then discovered Bristol worm amongst it removed as well as trapped 8 more worms stopped finding in trapp but still not opening or like maybe 4 of like 50 to 60 heads are opening? Any ideas? I moved higher in tank if not open tomarow then maybe lower? I have 105 watt cf lighting in a 28 g nano cube . I have 6 other corals that seem to be fine. Any ideas?

Polyps**

Give the coral a week or two. Sometimes it takes longer for some corals to open up under your lighting. Just let it sit for a couple days, if it doesn't open, move it higher or lower depending on where it sits right now in the tank. Still, give it a couple weeks i guarantee they will open. Those things are practically indestructible.

Also no one knows why but every couple months which yours might be experiencing this they will close up for a week or to. No one knows why. But it ussaly doesnt harm anything

Well whenever they close up for a week or two there are always a few gsp that dont close up. it sounds like that is what is happening to them right now from how you described it

Back
Top Bottom