Start stocking today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Added my first batch of fishes today... 10 green chromis and 10 snails and some more liverocks.

WOW I am just so glad that I have made this hobby go bigger. I mean I just love to see the fishes swimming in such a vast space and really don't know why I haven't gone big long time ago where I only stick with my 20g nano. The difference between the two? HUGE difference!!! I especially like to view the tank from the side. It gives you a kind of endless view just like in the ocean, plus the underwater ripple effects WOW so cool!!! Check out my gallery section!!!

The fishes just look sooooooooooo cool in the big ocean compare to the nano where you need to cramp everything in one small tank which hardly got rooms for a fish to swim. I pity my ocellaris clown which has been in there for a year. He will go into the big tank next 3 or 4 days later, just want to see how the chromis are doing first at the same time water test, test and more test just to make sure my beloved clown will be alright in there.

After the clown will the blue and yellow tang. I am dropping the naso tang. Will be looking for some sand shifters critters/rock perchers like gobies or blennies.

tank looks really good :) But you should slow down on adding stuff for sure. I would not add the clown in for another couple/3 weeks. Adding 10 fish at once will definately change the bioload, so the bacteria is gonna have to bounce back before you put in your clown. your tank seems to be a 135 gallon tank...thats a large tank and with lots of rock you'll have less of a problem with bioload needing to bounce back..but still just take it slow. I know you'd hate for that clown to not make it due to a simple little mistake like that.

Like how my 55 broke and i rushed all the fish and stuff to my 40 breeder...everything transfered over fine luckily...and then my sixline got sucked up a powerhead cuz i was stupid and didnt put the cover over the intake.

Now that probably doesnt have much to do with what i'm saying, lol, other than just make sure you eliminate as many possibilities as you can as far as stuff that would be harmfull. I didnt and it came back to bite me.

And again...for the tangs just take it slow. (them especially since they're bigger).

But you say you want a sand sifter....i strongly suggest the diamond goby. Not the absolute greatest looking fish in the world (not ugly, i just dont really care for plain colored fish much) but he did his job very well in my 55. Sand was like an algae carpet..added him and a few days later it was white again :)

Well it looks like you`re hooked there Weekf. Great tank. My two favorites are the bullet goby ang pink spotted goby

img_721827_0_5b2ea1d8cc7ae7194073f7bee92f71fb.jpg

img_721827_1_cf02e7b6724492f14d654b6cddbd579a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom