stocking for a 20L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering what type of bright/cleaner fish I can put in my 20L... I know it is limited. I was thinking maybe a yellow coris wrasse, lawnmower blenny and purple dottyback. I have it ran with about 25 pounds of LR, a 20G sump, bubble magus curve 5 skimmer, filter sock, filter pad and sponge so real estate is more my concern here than bio load AND jumping out...

Unfortuantely, many of those fish are not suited for a tank that small. The yellow coris wrasse needs a 40g+ tank, a lawnmower blenny and purple dottyback need a 30g+ tank.

Take a look here for some fish that would do well in a 20g tank:

Nano Fish

Yea. I guess I could go with a possum wrasse. You don't think a small lawnmower would be a good idea? I plan to get a bigger tank within a year probably.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would get the fish that are suitable for the tank you have now. Possum Wrasse are pretty cool little fish. A couple of nemo's will also add some good color to the tank.

I would get the fish that are suitable for the tank you have now. Possum Wrasse are pretty cool little fish. A couple of nemo's will also add some good color to the tank.

I'm going to agree with Aqua Rick on this one. You never know when life is going to come up and bite you causing you to put off a tank upgrade longer than you expect.

A good sand bed cleaner for nano tanks is the court jester goby. Very beautiful fish and an active swimmer that is rarely hiding IME

Cool thanks guys. Is there any algae eaters for a nano?

I wouldn't get a court jester/rainfords goby unless your tank is very established. They usually don't eat prepared foods and only micro fauna in the sandbed

So what about a white banded possum wrasse, harp tail blenny and a clown or two

For a 20g tank there are lots of options! have you checked out livequaria? They have a whole section of nano fish to chose from. :)

Possum wrasse is a great idea too! I like clown gobies as well, I have a citron goby which is a very large clown goby pretty much. Also kinda unusial to see.
I know some other people have nixed your idea of the lawnmower blenny, but to me it might be doable. They are mostly perchers so they dont really require a whole heck of alot of space. I am also biased though, all my tanks have a lawnmower, just love those guys. But you'd have to stock accordingly as the lawnmower can put out a good amount of poop. lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391814826.792607.jpg
Here's a better photo. Nice thing about these cleaner gobies is they are very hardy and almost 0 bioload. I don't even include it in my fish count. Lol

Back
Top Bottom