Stocking my 90 reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never tried miracle mud. Why does that stuff do exactly? And does it work?

Best decision I've made by far. Since I added the mudd I have not done any water changes at all. I test the water frequently and dose with B ionic products. It's been about a month now. I will do a partial change this Monday though. It's pretty expensive but well worth it.

I've seen the jar of it at work but never knew what it was. Does it go in the fuge? And what's it do exactly? Just bacteria that turns no3 into nitrogen gas? It's just my guess since you said you do no water changes.

It goes in the fuge. Since I added it I noticed my hammer coral along with my frogspawn open up more. It supposedly slowly release a bunch of nutrients that corals need. Not exactly too sure on the details but when I researched online before I bought it I read many positive reviews so I decided to give it a try and so far I've noticed the results with the growth of my corals.

My only mistake is I only bought one bag and the directions say I need two bags. You're supposed to replace 50% of it once a year.

Sweet. Maybe I will do some research on them. Sounds more of a benefit than anything.

I'm thinking of placing the coral beauty in my 90 making it 13 fish.

6 green chromis
2 clown fish
Yellow watchman
Mandarin
Lawnmower blenny
Sailfin tang
Coral Beauty

With my SWC150, miracle mudd and chemi pure elite I think it should handle the load. Still not sure though, isn't this too many fish for my 90?

I made a huge mistake. I wasn't able to remove the 3 damsels from my 90. I tried trapping them with a bottle trap and I removed half my rocks to catch them and no luck so I decided to leave them in. Now the little bastards are attacking my clown fish and my chromis fish. Are their any good fish that eat damsels? Lol Jk.

I've used miracle mud for 12 years I still do water changes though I've seen it reverse head and lateral line errosion, ick and popeye the stuff is awesome I've never had sick fish and corals do great I also use eccosystem Reef Solution Which replaces chlorophyll in the corals from plant extract massive polyp extension

Yeah the stuff definately works although I've only had it for acouple months I can see the benefits. I'm planning on adding another bag to make it 20 lbs for my 90 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom