stuff turns up 7 months later?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone,

ok so i was checking out my LR today, and what do i find, Feather Dusters scattered at various locations. So wierd. I have had this rock for about 7 months now, and i have never noticed them before. They are really small, their gills being about 0.5 centimeters across. whered they come from?

well, uh, the rock? seriously, I have the same thing. My LR is just over a years old, and I'm STILL finding stuff that must have been seeded /dormant /whatever. If you've change the fish (or one has died), then whatever it was eating now has a chance. I keep finding new tube worms since about three months ago -- and the spaghetti worms! never saw them before either until about two months ago.
Just enjoy it -- it's so cool!
Matt

Something to keep in mind also, as you add livestock, especially frags attached to LR, you will inadvertently add more hitchhikers to your tank. Although the dusters very well could have been in that rock all along and just finally reappeared. I had a pocillopora that was a LR hitchhiker reappear when I added MH lighting after being gone for over a year 8O . It sounds like you are doing something right :wink:
If you've change the fish (or one has died), then whatever it was eating now has a chance.
Very true. All sorts of things will come and go w/ time. It's an ecosystem after all lol, best of luck.

On mine I had my live rock in a 55 for 6 years. with a few feather dusters and then in the last year I went to a 125 and I have hundreds of feather dusters now that show up. SW is a wonderful thing

Back
Top Bottom