Sufficient Filtration for 37 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on setting up a 37 gal tank in the next couple weeks. I have a coralife super skimmer for it now, and I just bought a 30" Orbit.

I dont have room for a HOB filter so to speak because of the fact this is going to be an in wall tank. I only have one SIDE of the tank to work with....

So I have decided to use the skimmer off to one side, and use a hagen aquaclear 30 as a HOB fuge.

With 2 powerheads and the filtration listed above, will it be sufficient to keep it as a reef?

As much LR as possible, probably 80-100 lbs....but keep in mind, this tank will be viewed from both sides, so I have to stack the rock vertically, which kinda limits how much I can put in there.

I am also going to have a 2 1/2 to 3 inch sand bed....I have unlimited access to argonite sand. My buddy is a lobster diver and said he will scoop me up some sand from around the reefs...I am worried about it though, becuase most of the reefs are sunken ships, and I dont want a metals to have leached into the sand near the wreck, so I might ask him to get some from around the natural ledges.

What size PH should I get?...I am partial to Rio.

Well, for a reef tank you want about 10x turnover, so take 370, and subtract the GPH ratings of the skimmer and Aquaclear. Might divide the remaining number by two and pick up two powerheads for more turbulance than one larger powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom