Suggestions for my small QT tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K Dub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to set up a 10 gal. permanent QT tank and put it in my sons room. I am starting a 75 gal. FOWLR tank and understand the benefits of a QT tank and am looking for good suggestions for set up. I have heard everything from undergravel to Sponge filter w/ PVC pipe pieces for hiding places and no substrate. Any and all advice is welcome...

Actually a small trickle filter, heater and PVC pipe is all you will really need. Absolutely agree, no substrate. Here is a pic of my qt tank.

Attachments

• 10gallonqt0001_919.jpg
    10gallonqt0001_919.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 48
Agree with Kurt... QT's are pretty simple. I need to get in high gear and get myself one. :D

Just go for the biggest QT that you can find or afford. If ever the time comes to treat all of the fish at once, you need to make sure that the QT is big enough to house all of the fish. A 10 gal would be fine for a couple of fish, but might be way crampt if you need to put a couple clowns, a tang, and other fish in there at once. I'm going with a 29 gal sump. Up to you and your budget/availability though. (y)

Kurt... You say "trickle filter" are you talking about a small wet/dry or a mechanical with some biological :?:

Just any small Mechanical filter, HOB. Something you can put a sponge, or if necessary some carbon in to.

Back
Top Bottom