sump/skimmer output ideas...help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonysearsjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just built a 3 chamber sump (fuge/return/skimmer). water flows from display into skimmer chamber. i am thinking of plumbing the outlet side of the skimmer to the fuge chamber, for a few reasons, to put "clean skimmed water" in the fuge and mainly to get it out of the first chamber away from the "dirty water" coming in, will this allow the skimmer to work more efficient? OR do i not want the skimmed water going into the fuge considering i am planning to grow algea and/or mangroves to help remove nutrients. any input is appreciated

tonysearsjr said:
just built a 3 chamber sump (fuge/return/skimmer). water flows from display into skimmer chamber. i am thinking of plumbing the outlet side of the skimmer to the fuge chamber, for a few reasons, to put "clean skimmed water" in the fuge and mainly to get it out of the first chamber away from the "dirty water" coming in, will this allow the skimmer to work more efficient? OR do i not want the skimmed water going into the fuge considering i am planning to grow algea and/or mangroves to help remove nutrients. any input is appreciated

This is my design i made this two years ago and it works great

tonysearsjr said:

Here is another link on how i make my refugium

Back
Top Bottom