SW aquarium flush with the wall?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platinum

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, I am going to be remodeling my house in about 1 and half weeks and I was wondering if anyone had ever made an aquarium that is flush with the wall. My guest house and garage share the same wall, i was thinking of basically making a hole in the wall and having the tank be supported on the garage side and the display facing the guest house. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appricated. Thank you in advance.

This is done alot, I'm sure some peeps here can send you some links, but search on like oregon reef. I believe that should get you one GREAT example.

HTH, Joshua...

One thing to note with the tank being in the garage is keeping the temperature stable. I dont know if you guys in CA have AC in your garages or not but I know most of us on the East coast dont AC their garages.

yeah, good point fishfreek, your garrage gets Ultra hot in the summer and ultra cold in the winter, you also have emmisions from your car to worry about.

And I don't know if you have kids, but when I was a kid, I destroyed just about everything in my garage with baseballs, basketballs, skateboards, hockey pucks, etc.

Good points.
Consider building a small equipment room to house the back half of the tank to help insulate & protect the tank from the garage environment.

Good Thread.

I have an open wall also, and the other side is the garage. I was thinking about the equipment room surrounding it, but how would you heat and cool it?

I guess you could run some duct to it right?

thanx for all the great advice guys, you have guys have given me a lot to think about. To answer the question we dont have AC in our garages but i guess i will have to put some sort of cooling unit. Any way i think this project is a bigger bite thqan i can chew, but im going to go for it anyway. once again thanx for all the help, ill send picture if and when i start!

Please look thru our photogallery. We have many members whom have posted their progress with such work. Also the DIY forum may show some good threads.

Back
Top Bottom