Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
I think you'd be fine with either fire shrimp or a pair of cleaners. Fun shrimp to have.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I agree that another shrimp wouldnt be a problem. I have three in my 50 gal and they all keep to them selves on their side of the tank. I only have a problem with one but he will be leaving soon. I would be careful with the angels as well. Some people have good luck with them where as others (me) don't. I had a bicolor and a flame. The flame only nipped a little bit from time to time but I didnt have him very long. (ich) The bicolor was just nipping anything and everything. I tore my tank apart 4 or 5 times trying to catch him and almost killed one of my clams because a rock fell on it when I was trying to catch him. So now I only stick with definate reef safe fish. Like everyone said though it is a crapshoot! As far as corals go, brains are really sweet for the sand bed, along with the plate corals. Maybe some green star polyps. (The ones that look like grass flowing) Check out the yellow figi leather too. That will definately brighten up your tank. Be careful of the frogspawn though because they can have some pretty long sweeper tenticles from what I hear and can sting/kill things in its path. HTH

ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
What's the total wattage on your lights?
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via ICQ to Vanphyre Send a message via AIM to Vanphyre
Total Wattage is 156 watts. 4 bulbs x 39 watts each. (using the T5 Nova Extreme light setup, with parabolic reflector).

Didn't know that about the Frogspawn! It's been in there for awhile now, and no deaths. I wonder if the clown is immune like with anemones? He is in the thing constantly.
I feel your pain about trying to catch those fish. I had the same issue removing damsels a while back, I think I crushed a couple nassarius snails under the rocks. Will need to buy more soon.

Been looking at all the corals that were mentioned and it's going to be hard to decide what to do first. Lots of nice choices! Is there a good place to order them online? I have used saltwaterfish.com for fish and inverts before, but they are out of stock of most of the corals.

For my next fish addition, I'm leaning heavily towards the Purple Firefish.
46 Gallon Bow Front Saltwater w/ 36" T5 Nova Extreme Lighting
2" Sandbed + 60lbs Live Rock
AquaC Remora Pro / Mag3 Pump Skimmer
2 Maxi-Jet 1200's
RO/DI Water Changes 10% a week
Vanphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #15
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
you was asking about my brain coral and I have two of them. They will brighten up a tank also. Here are mine just to show you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0160_324.jpg (68.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0219_392.jpg (74.3 KB, 13 views)
melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:04 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Try www.frags.org - They might have some stuff in your area. You could also try Liveaquaria.com. Saltwaterfish.com rarely has corals in from what I've noticed. I like their prices but their selection is limited.

ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com