Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thought I'd ask further questions in this thread rather than starting another.

Since my scooter is eating brine shrimp that's a good thing. BUT what else would they eat. I'm still trying tiny pellets and will go thru all my frozen foods to find stuff he likes. I'm gonna grow brine shrimp later too. When I went to petco for my tank yesterday they had a scooter. I asked the girl and she told me he was munching on algae sheets earlier. Is that something they are known to eat cause I can do that! lol

Also, how often do you feed these guys? Mine is still skinny so I figured I'd feed or try to through out the day.

Any other ideas or suggestions? You guys and gals have been terrific the last few days and I hate to ask more of you. lol

Old 04-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

They might eat seaweed sheets. But idk.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

lol I stuck one in there, no luck yet. You never know i suppose.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

i have a scooter in my 34 Red Sea and he eats frozen mysis shrimp I just need to make sure that I thaw them first and turn off the filter so they get down to him. He also was picking at a sheet of seaweed. He has been in for almost a month and a half and seems fine. At first I wasn't thawing the mysis and he didn't seem to get as much, but since I saw on here to thaw it he has been eaing much better. Good luck with it I hope it works out for you. He is my and my wife's favorite fish. So active and love the facial expressions
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The only thing he seems to be eating anything of is a frozen cube food I think it's emerald entree. But he totally ignores the big pieces. I still have a pretty good pod population but that trains gonna run outta steam some day soon. lol

I was looking for frozne baby mysis with no luck. Should I thaw the big ones and chop them up ya think? Or is that too much work? I'll do what's needed since I made this huge error.
I have been turning off all water flow when I feed btw.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really hope mine works out as well as alot of you guys have.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Would One bottle of Tigger pods be able to reproduce fast enough and enough for that matter to sustaine one Mandarin in a 75 gal tank with about 90 lbs of rock?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO add some more rock and give several months for the pods to cultivate, do you have a fuge? If not, I'd be skeptical as well
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I got about 3 inches of sand cover'n the entire bottom of the tank. Do you think if I add 2 bottles I have a better shot/ Do I not have enough rock?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO 100lbs minimum, sandbed doesn't matter. Dragonets literally eat all the time, constantly pecking.

If they don't have somewhere to hide and reproduce, like a fuge, they'll be hunted and decimated.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a 75 gallon with around 60 pounds of live rock when I first got my scooter she wouldn't eat anything I gave her but eventually she took to frozen mysis shrimp and now she is a little fatty and when any one looks at my tank they like her the best out of all my other fish

Tags
dragon, stain, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com