Taotronics AL09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morangus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm running a new Biocube 29 and am about to hang a TT-AL09 over the tank at around 11" height. I'm planning to run my blues at either 50% or 100% (depending on how I like the look) and whites at 25%. I have a second TT-AL09 that I'll be hanging over a small 10 gallon QT for new coral to acclimate.

My question is, with these units, what is the process to acclimate new coral introduced both in QT as well as the display after moving from QT?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just to note, my tank just finished its cycle so I don't currently have any coral, CUC, or fish in the tank.

On deeper tanks we generally don't alter the lighting we simply place the coral low on like the sandbed and slowly move it up to where it's best placed.

A Biocube wouldn't be considered a deeper tank I wouldn't imagine...

A Biocube wouldn't be considered a deeper tank I wouldn't imagine...

I know but was saying what us with deeper tanks do so the only option they would have is to dim lighting and build it back up but may need doing everytime a coral is added.

I have a 2 foot deep tank , my lights are hanging about 10 inches off the surface ,
best way I found to acclimate corals is start out with just the blues on the lowest setting raising them slightly over a few days once you find the spot you like your blues turn on whites on lowest setting leaving your blues where there at and repeat with the whites watch how your corals react over a week or so as you slowly raise them ,
my coral seems to like around 20% white 60% blue but I keep softies and lps only , sps watch your corals they will tell you what they like .

take it slow and watch how things react , watch if they are opening up full or if they are unhappy not opening and trying to hide or just not fully open ,

it took me around a month to dial them in perfect fiddling with both whites and blue
don't rush trying to get them adjusted because too fast can shock your corals or even bleach them . remember every tank is set up different so don't follow someone else's settings as there corals are placed in different spots and layouts are different also depths of tanks vary , go slow take your time once you find that perfect spot you'll know it ,

Last edited:
You'll never need to turn your whites up all the way anyway. I kept my tank at 100% blue and 40% white and I grew sps just fine 30" away from them. Each coral is going to need to be treated differently, as they will be coming from different tanks. Like 54 seaweed said, you'll just have to watch them.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom