Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
MCD, I think I can speak for all of us when we say that we are, as you, expressing opinions. The problem is that, when you only express one opinion, people who come here to learn, only read that one opinion. This hobby is nothing but opinions. We all slack a little. I'll be the first to admit that I slack, but you do end up paying for it in the long run, and alot of people have learned that the hard way, with losses and crashes.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I can totally respect that the posts here are other people's opinions, as my posts are mine. But wishing a crash on someone because their opinion varies is not ok. Nor was me saying test strips are for sissies. I should not have said that. But I should not be admonished either, and thought of as a sinner of tanks.

Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

CCTV Has shut its doors. Off the air.
5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
MyCatsDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Quote:
But wishing a crash on someone because their opinion varies is not ok
Who did that? I don't see where anyone said that.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hara
...wait until your well seasoned tank crashes and you lose it all due to not being cautious enough.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Get over it already. That wasn't "wishing it" on you, that was a statement of inevitablity.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #16

I believe what Hara stated was advice and I noted it well. It was not a threat or a wish. Nobody here would wish a tank crash on anybody, especially the mods at AA.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com