They must be determined....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
...to have babies.

My clownfish have laid yet another batch of eggs, in the exact same spot, just 5 days after the last ones hatched. I never considered clownfish to be such prolific breeders. I'm pretty stoked, especially considering how long it's been since I've given that tank a water change.

Just wanted to share. I'll take new pics when I get home. :D

I didn't have the means to care for the first ones, so I just let nature take it's course. The eggs dissapeared, so I assume they hatched overnight and mom and dad ate them.

I probably wont have time to set up a tank for these either, but considering they are popping out eggs so quickly, that might not be a problem. ;)

Pics later, I promise.

I have reared many freshwater angelfish using this method....Im not sure if it will work for clown fish, but I will jump on the soap box for a sec.......

The layed their eggs on a leaf a couple times, it was there spot....so I put a peice of slate rock in front of the leaf...the next week they laid eggs on the rock instead of the leaf....I then put the rock with an airstone in a small tank. The babies hatched in there, and you could feed them baby brine easily.

After that grow a little they are hardy as fug.

And I know, I know.....fresh water is for top offs and drinking, not aquariums.....salt is for fishing and fish tanks :lol:

SeeDemTails said:
And I know, I know.....fresh water is for top offs and drinking, not aquariums.....salt is for fishing and fish tanks :lol:

Hahahaha, that is funny :lol:

Back
Top Bottom