Thinking about LED's..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BallinCrew10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Soo I've been thinking about what lights I'll get when I upgrade. I'm thinking about going the LED route. They are however my weak area and would like to know what someone who knows about them thought. My LFS has a few fixtures. They have the ecoray 112 and the aquaufo( I believe 90watts?). Both fixtures look nice, although the 2 cords of the ecoray fixture is offputting as I'd have to buy another timer if I wanted to run the whites and blues seperate. Or maybe they're both sub-par fixtures and I should look at something else. Thanks for any input.

I use ecoray 60D. I've had no problems with them but others have that I know. However, they are covered under a warranty. IMO the two chords are better cause you can simulate sunrise/sunset. The ecorays have a great par rating

Yea I'd like the sunrise/sunset, however the timer I have now only has 2 daytime 2 nighttime and 4 constant power outlets..so if I wanted to simulate the sunrise sunset I'd need another timer. Also the ecorays are almost twice as much, which won't sit well with my wife but that's nothing new haha.

BallinCrew10 said:
Yea I'd like the sunrise/sunset, however the timer I have now only has 2 daytime 2 nighttime and 4 constant power outlets..so if I wanted to simulate the sunrise sunset I'd need another timer. Also the ecorays are almost twice as much, which won't sit well with my wife but that's nothing new haha.

Lol. I hear ya.

I have the same timer as you. And yeah- had to buy another one- but I got a cheaper one and all is well. Lol

Back
Top Bottom