Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the compliments. I love the light so far. People are starting to put their lighting schemes on different forums and you can download them to your radion and see which ones you like best. It's pretty amazing what these lights can do. I only have a green tip torch coral and a pumping xenia, so the light isn't being tested yet but both are doing well. Haven't been able to play with the light too much, they aren't MAC compatible yet so I've had to borrow a laptop. Ibrahim, I bought the light for $650 but I was also starting an aquarium from the ground up and purchased most of my supplies through them and they gave me a discount!

I also was looking into the AI sol but including the controller it wasn't that big of a difference in price for what you got.

Hope my little bit of knowledge helps.

Did I tell anyone it's 75 degrees in Cali!

Just about everyone is going to PCM drivers on their LED panels, which allow for the great versatility of being able to run lighting programs.
With the new multi-segment LEDs coming into the market at up to 100 watts per LED, the game is rapidly favoring LED. I love mine and I went the unfancy cheap way.

Did I tell anyone it's 75 degrees in Cali![/QUOTE]

Wow warmer there then Phoenix and I thought we were the desert lol

Yea I wasn't too worried about your weather Rob.
Kinda surprised it's not warmer there. Lol
Have a good one outdoors today. Haha
Oops now I'm hated

katoom27 said:
Yea I wasn't too worried about your weather Rob.
Kinda surprised it's not warmer there. Lol
Have a good one outdoors today. Haha
Oops now I'm hated

It's always raining in Maryland lol

At the moment it's 53* and sunny in Las Vegas, where I'm visiting, but in about (2) hours I'm flying back to Michigan where it's 27* and snowing...

As for lights, I think I'll hold off for a bit. When I get home, I'm gonna focus on the skimmer / fuge situation.

TLTGF said:
At the moment it's 53* and sunny in Las Vegas, where I'm visiting, but in about (2) hours I'm flying back to Michigan where it's 27* and snowing...

As for lights, I think I'll hold off for a bit. When I get home, I'm gonna focus on the skimmer / fuge situation.

That sux I will stay here in Phoenix.....

Have you decided what Skimmer your going to go with

Yep that is the store I go to for all my live stock and corals there is another store in Tempe called reef culture you should go look at that store it is amazing

Finally home... And wow, what a mess. It looks as though my power went out because one of my powerheads was running in reverse, which it does every other power cycle. Also my return pump was unplugged... Not sure about that one yet. My tank is covered in micro-algae on the front glass. Several corals are out of position, BUT my serpent star was out hunting... So that's nice. Gonna be a long morning when I get up! Sheesh!

Rob:

Not too sure on skimmer, still looking at either octo or the ASM-G that you recommended before. I suppose it all depends on what exactly I do. Haven't really been thinking about it much.

I find out whether into to Japan for 1+ year(s) in a couple weeks, so I'm holding off until then. That will change a lot of things...

After a few minutes of the magfloat, the glass looked great. The sump was overfilled by about 2 gallons, but no issue at the moment. I went to the LFS and bought food, flakes, pellets, and frozen. Fed pellets and the starfish was all over em!

Everything looks good, except the lobo brain is looking odd in spots. Not sure what's up with that. Also one of my rice has completely split and is huge and my red rhodactis has done a double-split and now I have one large and two small shrooms there. All else is still good.

The next "obstacle" is to remove all the large rocks, coral, and shells that have surfaced on the sandbed. I also need to scrape the algae near the bed too.

Good shape other than that:

Hey TL glad to hear things are looking up for you.
KC I'm getting closer to getting my refuge ready. I was thinking of a DSB using aragonite, live rock and rubble and maybe some chaeto. Since my system basically mirriors yours is that your setup in a nutshell? Any changes? Did you use any starter bugs? Any input is appreciated from anyone. Thanks.

TL if you haven't made up your mind on your Skimmer my ask g1x is working well so far and has some good reviews. Anyway I'm sure you not going to be making any moves until you figure out weather or not you will be moving overseas. Just some info for you.

When I bought my cheato it was loaded with stuff and I've never added anything, other than occasionally I'll buy some fresh cheato just for the tag a longs. lol I have a health pod community going on in my fuge.
I also went with a 2' sb & I used some refugium mud? I got mixed reviews about it but decided to give it a whirl, everything seems fine so far.

Thanks KC. Also how are you micro bubbles from your overflow into your fuge. Do you have a strainer from your fuge to your sump.

You're tearing down your corner to build a stand right.

No bubbles no troubles in my tank! I am tearing my tank down and replacing it with a 75g that a friend Is hooking me up with. If he wasn't making me such a crazy deal I wouldn't think of changing. Who needs parts for there corner tank? I hVe some thing about to be forsale?

Back
Top Bottom