Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tim if your okay with spending some money on a great Skimmer you should go with the bubble mangus it is pricy but well worth the money I am looking in to it right now but first I am getting the ecotech radions and the apex controller and then I will be looking into a new Skimmer

Controllers and LED's... Ah, the hard life... ;) those are both on my dream list. I did add the BM skimmer I saw tonight to the possibility list as well. Doug was giving good reviews as well in a few other threads I'm following.

Kc I sent you a PM.

TLTGF said:
Controllers and LED's... Ah, the hard life... ;) those are both on my dream list. I did add the BM skimmer I saw tonight to the possibility list as well. Doug was giving good reviews as well in a few other threads I'm following.

Kc I sent you a PM.

Got to love the tax season that is the only way I can get them.... lol

As promised, here are a few pics...

The pics are of the new CA birdsnest (which is in a temporary spot while i rearrange things), the lobo with white/clear splotches, and my single red mushroom who split, made the smaller one there, and has been shriveled up super small ever since. It's a 4" mushroom originally, now it's 1/2".

I couldn't get a pic of the blasto this morning as it had fallen to the ground. My pagoda cup also laying on the sandbed. Sheesh. Work cut out today.

Once you get everything finished up post pics. I really want to see your birdsnest. For whatever reason I don't see most pics while I'm on my work comp.

Edit: I make the post and they load...that thing is beautiful!

Thanks - more pics to come shortly. I finally broke out the holdfast to find a good place for this thing.

Also as for the birdsnest... I bought it at LFS. A worker there used to have it in her tank. She fragged it and sold it to another worker. In one month it's grown enough in his tank to frag.

They are pretty legit there, and the girl told me that, all kidding aside, the initial piece she had doubled in size every two weeks!

We shall see!

Thanks - hard to tell from pic, but it's actually yellow/gold base with purple polyps

Pics of a cloudy tank - stirred up sand and scraped glass.

Pics are:

Blasto messed up

FTS

Birdsnest placement

Base rock I put in from the sump for my next acquisition... ;)

TLTGF said:
Pics of a cloudy tank - stirred up sand and scraped glass.

Pics are:

Blasto messed up

FTS

Birdsnest placement

Base rock I put in from the sump for my next acquisition... ;)

Try putting the blasto in low light. Mine do better there

Jlsardina said:
Try putting the blasto in low light. Mine do better there

Thanks for the tip!

Here's some new additions: elegance and two ric's

Pics to come in tank in a bit...

I dig the elegance coral, the tank looks nice! Im debating my last coral purchase either galaxea or elegance!!!!!

Pretty sure Rob has a Galaxia that he really likes, but I never tried one. As for elegance - Buffy had issues with hers if I remember correctly. Carey had to give hers away because her clowns nearly killed it trying to host. I think Jody has one as well in her Aussie tank, but I could be mistaken... Hard to keep track.

I'll keep updates on my experience.

Back
Top Bottom