tongan VS fiji

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
The other day I went to an LFS that I dont really trust. Everyone in the fish dept. has whatever Im thinking of buying in there own personal tanks. :roll: Kinda feels like they get paid on commission. Well anyways,
an LFS person told me that the difference between Tongan and fiji LR is that tongan rock has "Life" on the surface of the rock whereas fiji rock has "Life" inside the rock. Is there any truth to that?

Your lfs person maybe right because fiji LR has some crevices like small caves, so many small hitch hikers hide in there. I got some hard tube worms that are now growing out from small crevices on my fiji rocks. Infact, my royal gramma makes it's home in one of the fiji lr as well. :)

Yeah, tonga branch doesn't have crevices for life to be inside of IMO. The fiji does have the crevices which is probably why you heard that. But, the fiji is gonna give you better filtration and flow thru. I use a bit of branch here and there with the foundation as fiji.

Didja check out that LR.com stuff? Talk about crevices and life. From what I've seen from folks that got some, it's great looking.

Back
Top Bottom