Top-Off water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fshfrk58

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm curious to what some of you mix in your top-off water. I have been looking around and found that people mix kalkwasser or salt with their top-off water. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm curious to what some of you mix in your top-off water. I have been looking around and found that people mix kalkwasser or salt with their top-off water. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Mixing salt in your topoff water would defeat the purpose. You're topping off evaporated water and the salt doesn't evaporate. By doing that, you'd slowly be increasing the salinity of the tank.

Dripping a kalk mixture into your topoff water is one way to increase your ca/alk levels, but is normally only done if you need ca/alk supplementation.

Otherwise, just plain RO/DI or dechlorinated water will do just fine - that's all I do myself.

I've been adding just RO water but the reason I ask is that some people claim just adding that lowers your ph, so I thought I would check. I haven't had any problems with just RO water. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom