Transferring mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IhaveNemos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening!

I have a piece of live rock thats being overrun with red mushrooms, about 10 on a 4" chunk.

I would like to transfer some of them around my tank, is there a procedure to do this?

My tank is doing quite well now, I have coralline popping up everywhere and I just installed a 300W MH set, Im quite excited about all the new additions that will be coming soon!

I would just leave them, they will fall off and move around the tank by themselves. It is up to you though, you can toothpick them down to a rock as well.

Just pull the shroom off of the rock that you want to move, then take a toothpick and pin the mushroom down to the peice of rock with a toothpick. Yes you can stab the mushroom with a toothpick and it will not hurt the coral. Same goes with xenia. You could also go to your LFS and pick up some LR rubble. I have plenty of this stuff in my mini fuge. You could just super glue the shroom to LR rubble.

Cut them off with a razor blade if they won't pull off. If you leave part of the stalk, it will grow into a new shroom. Attaching the cut piece is the hardest part for me. Bridal veil works well.

Back
Top Bottom