Two questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting chaeto tommorow in the mail... I doubt it was shipped with much water..... do I need to acclimate it ???

I saw an earlier post on molts.... I've recently had an emerald crab molt... should I leave that in or just take it out ??????

I'm getting chaeto tommorow in the mail... I doubt it was shipped with much water..... do I need to acclimate it ???
I'm fairly certain you don't have to acclimate macros- wait for someone else to be positive.
I've recently had an emerald crab molt... should I leave that in or just take it out ??????
Most people leave molts in. There are various thing that consume it (pods, etc.) so they usually disappear quickly. I've noticed crab molts take alittle more time than shrimp molts to disappear I assume because they are thicker/tougher.

c0mf0rt said:
I'm getting chaeto tommorow in the mail... I doubt it was shipped with much water..... do I need to acclimate it ????
It's actually a good idea to acclimate it at least somewhat. Truely most times you can just add it with no issue but a small % of the time, the algae will not adapt and crash. Treat it as you would a fish and you will have much less issues with die off.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom