Two spot help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Back from short hiatus & ready for some good advice. Two spot goby ive had for two
weeks really works the sand over but from what ive been hearing they dont have a long track record?I talked to one lfs he said doesnt understand why the other store sells em, he doubted it would make it a week. After i had acclimated the goby called the seller, he said yea they are kind of hit and miss??? Has anyone had luck with these fish for any lenght of time,, substituting any alternative foods? Thanks

Attachments

• image-2181045791.jpg
    image-2181045791.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3156027589.jpg
    image-3156027589.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 68
I have no experience as I am a freshwater fish keeper. However, I read that these fish need a tank that has a well established refugium. Probably a lot like the mandarin fish. You can't have fish that will steal it's food.

I do have a fuge in my sump and plenty of pods in dt, not much else in the tank to compete for them but from what i read so far its not really the pods they are sifting for?

Do you have life in the fuge other than pods? One source says they feed on worms and amphipods. Add some brine shrimp r even freshwater critters like blackworms.

Let me get that rock of zoa's I like them a lot haha

Have had the colony for quite awhile they just dont seem to spread..

I guess no one else out there has a two spot goby??? Thats not encouraging

Try to get him on frozen food. You don't want him depleting your pod population and then starving. To switch him over try adding garlic to frozen food. Hope this helps

Ok thanks, probably need to turn pumps off to try and get it on the substrate in its vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom