Tylers 26 gallon bowfront reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about salinity I put some salt in but not to where my tank is cuz I wasn't sure.. And didn't wanna waste to much salt if I don't have too... Also how long should it soak in there

I'd let it soak till all the ice melt is disolved out then soak in tank water, my understanding is that rock salt or ice melt is very different from marine salt and you probably shouldn't risk putting too much in your tank

Lol so I really wanted to start this tank but didn't really have cash for light so I engineered a t8... hyperdrived t12 combo lol you guys should get a good laugh from this

Attachments

• image-1086913358.jpg
    image-1086913358.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 97
I'd let it soak till all the ice melt is disolved out then soak in tank water, my understanding is that rock salt or ice melt is very different from marine salt and you probably shouldn't risk putting too much in your tank

What is ice melt... Is that the white salt that was coming off of rock

Ok I know it's normal but the diatom outbreak is hideous

Update too tank I now have a pair of clowns a zoanthid frag and a two headed frog spawn... Also picking up my quad t5ho tomorrow

Got my light fixture today 4 bulb t5 ho one aqua blue bulb one pure actinic and 2 actinic+

I also just got back from the lfs with a lobo... Suncoral... Pink zoos... A bubble coral he said wasn't doing to hot and gave to me for free... Another Mexican turbo... And a teal and red encrusting coral forget what it's called

Tysob44 said:
I also just got back from the lfs with a lobo... Suncoral... Pink zoos... A bubble coral he said wasn't doing to hot and gave to me for free... Another Mexican turbo... And a teal and red encrusting coral forget what it's called

looks like somebody got their paycheck yesterday

Lol yes sir got a great deal on all of it too 35$

Here are done pics sorry from iPhone this hobby makes me want a nice camera

I need to remove that frag plug they just look so out of place

Attachments

• image-2697424967.jpg
    image-2697424967.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2628103497.jpg
    image-2628103497.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1769589230.jpg
    image-1769589230.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2956604218.jpg
    image-2956604218.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-797434625.jpg
    image-797434625.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 84
Oh and I am thinking of buying a blue tip sabae nem some one talk me out of it ...

How old is your tank? Sebaes are one of the most difficult nems to acclimate to your tank, and is not a rookie nem. I wouldnt put a sebae in a tank less then 9 or 10 months old

Thanks that is exactly what I needed to hear my tank is only like a month or two old

Thanks that's what I needed to hear but man they are beautiful.... I almost impulse bought one yesterday but decided to research some more

My lfs's all run a buy 3 get one free frag deal and the gave me the bubble coral cuz he wasn't sure if it was gonna live... He said it cut itself it was in too much flow... Oh and he fragged the lobo for me he said its normally 20 but gave to me for 10

Back
Top Bottom