Tylers 26 gallon bowfront reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With live rock live sand bio spira nite out II and snails and hermits

Also I believe I found a ball anemone in my tank tonight

Ok ammonia was .25 I believe as was nitrite but I did put in some food 4 hours prior nitrate was 80... Went to lfs to test

Am I just about there... It does not really matter to me putting fish in I am gonna wait like 2 weeks for my next check anyways it will just be some piece of mind...

The guy at the lfs said I was pretty much there and I could put fish in or was that just his way of selling something

Am I just about there... It does not really matter to me putting fish in I am gonna wait like 2 weeks for my next check anyways it will just be some piece of mind...

The guy at the lfs said I was pretty much there and I could put fish in or was that just his way of selling something

I would not advise putting fish in with ammonia and nitrite present. They would probably be ok but what id something spikes. Plus wouldn't you want the fish to be comfortable and happy

I am not putting any fish in till both are at 0 I want to do this correctly with out losing fish or at least losing the least amount possinle

Ok just got done withy lfs and they said I am cycled ammonia and nitrite at 0... Yay time to start thinking of stocking

First fish addition today very excited

Attachments

• image-936990858.jpg
    image-936990858.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-4267333171.jpg
    image-4267333171.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 91
Also rearranged the rocks

Still need about 15 pounds more to fill the other side

Attachments

• image-3506373409.jpg
    image-3506373409.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 96
Good luck with the new addition. Yeah more rock. I just paid $55 for 18lbs of live rock and a polythoa polyp and a mushroom

Ok so about 7 hours after introducing the clown to the tank I come home and he is just staying in the upper corner of the tank... Is this normal while he gets use to his new surroundings... Also I put some food in the tank and he did eat which I am assuming is a good sign... I drip acclimated him for 30-45 min

Also can I feed the clown shrimp like from grocery store

It will take him a while to get used to your tank. And when he is sleeping don't get scared if he is laying on his side on the surface mine did that and scared the crap out of me.

I will say no on the grocery shrimp cause frozen food is cheap enough
I feed San Francisco bay brand marine cuisine. you only have to use,a sliver of a cube and I have not even used 2 cubes in two months

Ok guys so I picked up a bunch of stuff today for a great price if interested in seeing thread I named it score any ways got a couple pieces of well what use to be live rock ... How do I go about cleaning this and making it safe for my tank... I currently have it sitting in declhorinated tap water with a power head running also scrubbed it down with a tooth brush

Oh and in other news I have started my diatom bloom... How long before this stuff dies off

Tysob44 said:
Anyone ... For rock question

sounds like you've got it under control, the only extra precaution I might recommend is next time you do a water change start soaking the rock in the old tank water, that way when you add it to the DT all the cracks and crevices aren't filled with fresh water

Back
Top Bottom