using garden hose for ro unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
my ro unit arrived and the sink adapter does not fit

the hose is all i gots, what are the downsides? is it still safe? or should i try to find an adapter, in which how would i go about that?

the adapter it came with has threading but my sink has none, except on the inside of the faucet which would not work at all since the adapter needs to screw over it instead of in it

my ro unit arrived and the sink adapter does not fit

the hose is all i gots, what are the downsides? is it still safe? or should i try to find an adapter, in which how would i go about that?

the adapter it came with has threading but my sink has none, except on the inside of the faucet which would not work at all since the adapter needs to screw over it instead of in it

It's unlikely the garden house will support the pressure needed to produce to water. If you can hook it directly to the spicket where the garden hose was.

i wont do anything that involves changing the current setup of our house, i just want to plug it in and unplug it every use with ease, im trying to google what the adapter is called but my internet is so slow right now :(

If the spigot hs enough pressure to run the unit, a hose will too...

I have no luck using a garden hose making RO water. However, after removing the the garden hose and using the spicket only I had no issues making water, so I would have to disagree, based on my personal experience of making RO water the last two year. But hey what do I know.

i wont do anything that involves changing the current setup of our house, i just want to plug it in and unplug it every use with ease, im trying to google what the adapter is called but my internet is so slow right now :(

Why would you need to change the setup of your home? Can't you take the unit outside and fill up some gallon jugs?

sure if the hose works, but i heard it ruins the filter faster

sure if the hose works, but i heard it ruins the filter faster

Oh, I just take mine outside, disconnect the water hose screw the RO onto the spicket ( hose bib) and turn on the water. I just set up some gallon jugs and set my oven timer and go out there every 40 minutes to replace the jugs LOL!!!

well i went to home depot and found out the adapter they gave me is 15/16". My sink is smaller. They are both female threaded. I found something that might work but the threading was not long enough. My sink threading starts about half an inch inside above the exit hole. I dont know what i need the guy at the store was not that helpful

what are the adapters called? i dont even think i have an aerator, it fell off when i was toying with it lol. I need one that is longer than normal adapters to compensate

I have been using a garden hose hor about 5 yrs now with no problem. IME you should be OK.

ALRIGHT im going to try the garden hose this monday, hopefully the psi is good

my bathroom sink is probably less pressure than my hose anyways

can i turn on and off my ro unit as i please?

ex: turn on ro and get about 3 gallons of produced filtered water, i have to go somewhere so i turn it off, come back and turn it on to finish 2 more gallons and im done?

my tds after ro is 14-20 and 0 after di :)

takes a lot of work dumping out that waste water though :( no drain nearby

can i turn on and off my ro unit as i please?

ex: turn on ro and get about 3 gallons of produced filtered water, i have to go somewhere so i turn it off, come back and turn it on to finish 2 more gallons and im done?

my tds after ro is 14-20 and 0 after di :)

takes a lot of work dumping out that waste water though :( no drain nearby

Yes, you can also leave the water that's in it, in it.
I let my just drain off into my yard :)

Back
Top Bottom