Water Change Swimming Pool?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacramentofish

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 2 year old just dropped a stuffed animal in my 15g bucket full of my next water change.

Should I pitch it and mix a fresh batch? Do stuffed animals have chems in the fabric that could be toxic to the tank?

Any one have a toddler use there water change tub for a stuffed animal swimming pool before?? -she's really cute, so I did not send her to live with wolves ;-) this time..

My youngest thought once that the fishies would like so milk to drink. Needless to say that was a fun water changing day. luckily they all made it though.

I would make up new water if it were me. If nothing else, at least it would give you peace of mind...

if there was anything toxic to the tank, would it not also be toxic to the child? the polyester fiber fill in stuffed animals and pillows some people use as filter floss. and im sure the toy is washable as well, so being wet shouldnt pose a problem. the water batch is fine.

well, my first instinct was exactly like centurion said. but I am not sure where that toy has been in.. it was outside in the yard were there are all kinds of chems on the gardens etc..

so.. new water it is..

Better safe than sorry, as they say. I'd put my money on the water still being safe... but I wouldn't bet my tank on it!

Here's something funny I heard... A friend of mine sold some fish to a guy when she had to get rid of her tank. The guy that bought them said that he *ADDS* milk to his tank for calcium.... :)

There are really easy and safe ways of adding calcium. Milk is NOT one of those ways.

:)

--Micah

Back
Top Bottom