water parameters help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also I know I can't get my nitrates down to 0. With just pwc and I dont have a sump can I add some cheato in the display tank controlled maybe in a box or a mesh ? Or something like that so it dont grow all over the place

Since your 30 gal tank is FOWLR and you are still treating fish with herbal ich medication, you can keep your parameter in acceptable level with pwc weekly until you have your 55 gal back in place. Just keep in mind that the 55 gal has to be with no fish for about 6 weeks in order to completely eradicate the ich in it. Not much to worry about if nitrate is just below 80 in 30 gal but you have to keep watch on ammonia and nitrite. You might have to reduce feeding a little bit. Forget about the cheato for now.

The 55 is empty and the 30 I'm not treating it with ick they are no sick fish they seem pretty happy its just my nitrates are about 80 ppm and ammonia is. 25 tomorrow I'm goind to do a 10 gallon water change and test and keep u guys updated

With 0.25 ammonia you might have to change more than 10%. Your fish are still in big risk with that value.

Ok, I think Jeff's been hitting the bottle and posting because he's normally pretty on the mark. But he's a wee bit off tonight.

He is doing a 33% WC which should help ammonia levels a bit and get his nitrate down to around 50 ppm. I had considered using my guppy breeder trap as a method to house chaeto in my 30 back when I was having nitrate issues. I was going to have some of my hob filter return water spill into the breeder trap to cause flow. Not too much so as to keep chaeto from getting out.

Ok, I think Jeff's been hitting the bottle and posting because he's normally pretty on the mark. But he's a wee bit off tonight.

He is doing a 33% WC which should help ammonia levels a bit and get his nitrate down to around 50 ppm. I had considered using my guppy breeder trap as a method to house chaeto in my 30 back when I was having nitrate issues. I was going to have some of my hob filter return water spill into the breeder trap to cause flow. Not too much so as to keep chaeto from getting out.

Yea that's exactly what I planned if I would get some cheato but still debating on it also yea I'm going to do a 33 % pwc not 10%

Thanks every body for the help. I really appreciate it this is why I love this app on my phone I always get help and pretty fast

Ok Guy here's the up date after the 33% water change
Ph 8.0
Ammonia .25 ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 40 ppm

I'm planing to do another 33% pwc in 3 days and see from there Ill be happy when my ammonia is at 0 and my nitrates at least 10ppm

Another question hoe how do I raise my ph

I think your ph is fine at 8.0, but if you want to raise it more oxygen exchange (more flow) will raise it as well as an open top. Ph also rises and falls throughout the day and night so try checking it just before lights out and in the morning just after they come on, it's amazing the difference!

Yea I was looking up on info on it and ever time I test it its when everything is closed and its night time prob wait till tomorrow during the day and doors open and test again

Hey guys tested water today and my ammonia is still. 25 should I.add stress zyme for bb to take those levels down or should I just give it a couple of.more days

Bacteria also needs oxygen to be more effective. Try making more water surface agitation and see if your PH will raise to 81. Could it also be your test kit?

My tank has a hob filter and its rated for a 75 gallon tank and mine is a 30 gallon and it does make sufficient surface agitation

Should I add a bubbler to get more oxygen in the tank
And the question was should I add stress zyme I guess to give it more bb because I dont see my ammonia budging my nitrates have with the pwc but my ammonia hasnt

My tank has a hob filter and its rated for a 75 gallon tank and mine is a 30 gallon and it does make sufficient surface agitation

Should I add a bubbler to get more oxygen in the tank
And the question was should I add stress zyme I guess to give it more bb because I dont see my ammonia budging my nitrates have with the pwc but my ammonia hasnt
I would suggest using Nutrafin Cycle. It is bacteria intended to cycle the tank. It would help boost your bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom