water to clean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 125 reef tank with 6 fishes. I have a lot of corals. I have a lot acroporas, pociloporas, silioporas, birds nests, clams, montiporas, zoas, leathers, frogspawn bubble and others. They all grow and seem to be happy. What drives me crazy is every time I buy small Xenia frag it dies in a week or two. Lot of corals I have are difficult and Xenia is one of the easiest to care . What is going on? couple of reefers sad actually that my water is to clean. Xenia lives in the parts of ocean where water is not perfect. What you guys think? I have 3 MH 150w and 4 T5 54w. Salnity-1.025, amonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-0, PH-8.2, calcium-460, alkalinity-4meq/l or 11.2 dkH, magnesium-1260.

I think you thank your lucky stars. It me a very long time to rid my tank of that pest. Be happy that your sps are flourishing in the presence of your leathers. Don't let the evil xenia ruin your tank it will want to expand and take over the tank once it gets a foothold.

Yeah.... I like Xenia, but grrr, it won't stay in one spot. I cut it with scissors as close as I can , and it comes right back. It is not in my newest tank, nor do I have any plans to put it in there. If I had space to keep a rock separate, and if it would stay on that one rock...but its not really worth it spreading...

I like Xenia. It is very picky about water flow. It's why it moves sometimes...didn't like where you put it.
It also likes iodine levels to be correct, I add a bit of iodine supplement and it always responds. But the good news is that all those different corals are tolerating each other. If Xenia is your only probelem, I would thank my lucky stars.

Well it didn't move, it just multiplied.....

and then spread some more :p

Back
Top Bottom