WaterGeneral Reverse Osmosis+DI Water System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gefilte

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know anything about these? Or this brand in particular. They seem rather economical. About $80 for 85 gallons per day. Am I better off getting one of these or just getting water from my lfs? Will one of these systems require any type of ongoing maintenance or are they rather self sufficient. I don't need somehting else to monitor!!!

I don't know anything about the particular filter, what are it's specs. What % TDS qill the membrane remove?

The RO filter will require that the prefilters and the membrane be replaced as needed. How often that is will depend on the quality of water it is filtering. You can monitor it's effectivenedd with a handheld TDS meter, I check mine once per week.

That Exact Unit is what alot of ppl use.. I know myself has a bit of an older model and Reefrunner got that exact one.. They are extremely nice units... I have not had a problem with mine in the last 6 months that I have used it.. At that price I would personally buy it.. Filterdirect if you look at his feedback has sold quite a few of these without any issues.. I can attest that I am very happy with mine..

HTH,
James

I just ordered the 110gpd unit with the 4 gallon tank. But, it looks like the tank will only hold RO water and to have it run through the DI filter it runs out a line, but not into the tank. For topping off, I need to use RO/DI, correct? Or is it OK just to use RO?

RO/DI water is better, but RO is probably good enough. FWIW, when I got my unit, they had gotten a bad box of DI carts and the DI was not doing anything, while waiting on the new cart to arrive, I used the straight RO water with no ill effects, course that wasn't a suprise, I had been using straight RO water for all my water needs for 18 months before I bought the unit :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom