Website about captive bread flame angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is indeed a great thing to know about. They have been doing this for a few years as you can see from the dates on the page. Liveaquaria has been selling captive rased flames for a little while now. They are premium priced compaired to the wild caught ones but the premium is well worth it knowing that your not going to run the chance of getting a wild caught flame that was caught with dangerious methods like cyanide.

As a second point we should ALL encourage our LFS's to stock captive breed/captive rased livestock when its available.

I think that would be a two way street.. You can imagine that fish from the wild would have been exposed numerous diseases etc and would have built up anti-bodies towards them, but purely tank raised ones would I imagine be exposed to an almost sterile environment for the most part?

I would only see a benefit of captive bred ones so that they don't fret being in closed quaters and not the wide open ocean.

Its a long strech calling an aquarium a sterile enviorment. The flip argument is introduction of a wild caught species can bring those wild diseases and parasites into the aquarium.

fishfreek said:
Its a long strech calling an aquarium a sterile enviorment. The flip argument is introduction of a wild caught species can bring those wild diseases and parasites into the aquarium.
No what I mean is the introduction of the captive bred fish being introduced into regular folk's aquariums. Generally I would have thought that dedicated captive bred tanks would be less "infected" with diseases, etc

Yep they sure are. I guess as usual it depends on the character of the individual fish that you have. My experience are that they like to swim around lots.

Back
Top Bottom