Well I Hope I got some Decent Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Well I was Wondering I just ordered a new hood for my 55gal and was wondering if this was going to be enough lighting for my tank

Hood Is 47" Ultra Reef Light, 6x55W Bulbs

I went with 3 10k bulbs and 3 03 bulbs

For a total of 330 watts.. When using the 5 watts per gal I came out with 275 watts is what is needed so i figured 330 was perfect for most corals and anemones.. Such as a Carpet Anemone.. I hope i did the right thing and am just looking for some reassurance as this thing was not cheap.. 351.00 to be exact..

TIA,
James

hmmmm, the amount of light should be fine for a 55g tank, I'm just wondering avout the configuration...

10K 10K
10K .03
.03 .03

10K 10K 10K
.03 .03 .03

That configuration would be correct..

Is there something wrong with it?

James

55g tank is 4ft long, 55W pc is 22" (or thereabouts) long. If you have 6 and an odd number of each, you'll have 3 rows of lights, one row will have 2 10K bulbs next to each other, one row will have 2 .03 actincs next to each other and the third row will have 1 10K on 1/2 of the tank and one .03 actinic on the other half.

This is the way I see it...

Image1.gif

I would go with 4 10k and 2 act, putting the actinics in the center row.

I have Requested that the company do this.. I didnt even relize.. The just had a few options for lights and the 3 10k bulbs and 3 03 bulbs were the only ones that were half in half.. Hopefully they can change the order before it ships.. If not I guess I will just run to the LFS and get a new 10k bulb and keep the 03 as a spare.

Thanks Again..

James

I spoke with them today and they were unable to get the lighting switched before it shipped.. Is there going to be any issues If i use it with 3 10k bulbs and 3 03 bulbs for now? Until at least I can get the money to get a new 10k bulb.. With me spending 351.00 on the lighting my wife would kill me if I went out and spent more on another light bulb. God I really wish I would have relized that it was an odd configuration..

TIA
James

so would you suggest that i setup the lights according to your figure.. Or as the other one that I modified

TIA,
James

Back
Top Bottom